Installing your bike’s mudguards is probably the hardest part of setting up your bike.
But not to fear - as complicated as mudguards may seem, this step by step guide will help make the whole process simple:
- Step 1: Checking your mudguard's parts
- Step 2: Fitting your front mudguards
- Step 3: Fitting your rear mudguard
The first stage is ensuring that you have the right parts to fit your mudguards:
1. It’s time to install the first mudguard: place the mudguards between the fork legs, ensuring that one metal tab is placed in front of the fork, with the other behind it:
2. Make sure that the shorter end of the mudguard is pointing forward, like so:
3. Use the long Phillips bolt to fix the mudguard onto the fork leg, ensuring that there is a washer in front of each metal tab:
4. With your mudguard positioned centrally and with sufficient clearance between the mudguard and the tyre, tighten the bolt using a 10mm spanner and a Phillips screwdriver
2. Using the short Phillips bolt, fix the mudguard onto the strut connecting the two seat stays.
3. There should be a washer between the metal tab and lock nut and also between the metal tab and the head of the bolt.
4. With your mudguard positioned centrally and with sufficient clearance between the mudguard and the tyre, tighten the bolt using a 10mm spanner and a Phillips screwdriver: